Seals in nuclear power plants require high levels of design competence and quality control, and a willingness by the supplier to respond quickly to immediate needs.
Our nuclear seals typically consist of:
- Molded, fabric reinforced construction (rather than extruded) for close cross section tolerances, no after-cure splice joints, and maximum structural integrity.
- Certified materials that have met the necessary radiation resistance testing.
- All steps in engineering, manufacture, inspection and test are closely controlled by our nuclear quality-assurance program based on ANSI N45.2 and 10CFR50 Appendix B.
Our experts are equipped to handle your needs.
Inflatable Pool Gate Seals for Nuclear Power Plants
Nuclear pool gates are generally supplied with redundant-style fully molded inflatable seals. Fabric reinforcing is incorporated for structural integrity and increased resistance to rupture and tear.
When required, flexible “J” seals can be supplied in lieu of inflatable seals. The gates can be supplied as a hinged or lift-out design.
Other Elastomeric Seals and Fabrications for the Nuclear Power Industry
Through our custom, innovative solutions, and expertise, we can help you meet your nuclear-quality rubber seals and fabrication needs.
Other components we can support:
- Sheet/strip blow out panel seals
- Gaskets for manways, drain covers, etc.
- Filter system access door gaskets
- Washers and “O” rings inspection hatch seals
- Damper seal expansion joints
- Shield plug seals