Last Updated: December 7, 2020
What PII do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect PII?
We collect information from you when you register on our Site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our Site.
We may also collect PII about you from third parties. This may include PII such as:
- Our business partners may provide us with information about you.
- Our service providers may give us information about you that they collect when performing services on our behalf.
- We may supplement the information that we collect about you with information from data providers, such as consumer reporting agencies or government records.
- We may receive information about you when you interact with our brand on social media sites or other third-party websites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or YouTube.
How do we use your PII?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, fill out a form, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, visit the website, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To improve our Site in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To conduct any other legitimate business activity not otherwise prohibited by law.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interactions in order to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
We may partner with other third parties listed below to provide certain features on our Site or to display advertising on our Site based upon your online activities. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising. To learn more about cookies and your ability to opt-out of certain third-party advertising cookies, please see the information provided below under the names of the third parties.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the Site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may also disclose PII.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Site. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We do not respond to do not track signals.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to:
- Request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer.
- Request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer, free of charge, the following:
- The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- Request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose disclose, free of charge, to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- Direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
You may submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act through the following methods:
- You may call us toll-free at 1-800-927-1422.
- You may e-mail us at email@example.com.
To submit a request, we are required to verify your identity. Please be prepared to provide us with your name, company name, and contact information. We may need to contact you to confirm your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf by sending us an email or other written correspondence naming the individual you are designating as your authorized agent.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights as described in this section.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our Site.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Site.
HubSpot is installed on this Site, allowing us to build marketing web pages on our servers where visitors can learn more about our organization, download content, and provide their contact information and other demographic information. This information, which is stored and managed on HubSpot’s service providers’ servers, is then used so that the visitors can be contacted about their interest in our organization’s goods or services and interact with our organization. We will never distribute or sell any PII of the viewers of the Site.
Microsoft is installed on this Site, allowing us to track and compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Site. We will never distribute or sell any PII of the viewers of the Site.
Hotjar is installed on this Site, allowing us to track user experience to better increase the effectiveness of the Site. We will never distribute or sell any PII of the viewers of the Site.
CallRail is installed on this Site, allowing us to use services such as call tracking, SMS communication, call routing, call recording, specific information about the caller, and advertising channel information for incoming phone calls. We will never distribute or sell any PII of the viewers of the Site.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years old. Please notify us immediately if you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child, so that we can delete such information.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM Act, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will promptly remove you from ALL email correspondence.
Purposes and Legal Bases for Processing PII
We collect your PII to provide our products and services to you; otherwise, we may not be able to process the transactions you request. We will only process your PII when we have a lawful basis for doing so. We will collect and process your PII as necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or because we has another legitimate interest in doing so relating to our business purposes arising from your relationship with us. We may also seek your prior consent or rely on some other lawful basis to process your PII.
Our legitimate interests include but are not limited to:
- Provide you with the products and services you request, view, engage with, or purchase;
- Communicate with you regarding your account or transactions with us; and
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our Site, products, services, and operations.
Rights of Users Located in the EU
If you use this Site and are located in the EU, EAA, or Switzerland, you are entitled by law to access, correct, amend, or delete PII about you that we hold. A summary listing these rights appears below. Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions may apply to specific requests that you may submit to us.
- The right to access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your PII. When making a request, please provide an accurate description of the PII to which you want access. Where requests are repetitive or manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative cost.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify PII you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete PII you think is incomplete.
- The right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your PII in certain circumstances, including your PII to be erased to comply with a legal obligation under EU or member state law.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your PII in certain circumstances, including: (i) when the accuracy of the PII is brought into question, or (ii) when we no longer need the PII for purposes of the processing, but require such PII for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the PII you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you believe your rights under the GDPR have been violated, the GDPR gives you the right to file a complaint with your supervisory authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- The right to withdraw consent. If we obtain your written consent to collect and process your PII, you can subsequently withdraw such consent as to any further processing of PII.
- Automated decision-making. To the extent that we engage in decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or which significantly affects you, you have the right not to be subject to such decision-making.
To exercise these rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request. In the event that we refuse a request, we will provide you a reason as to why.
Right to Object to Processing
You have the right to object to the processing of your PII that is based on legitimate interests. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the PII unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or we can demonstrate the processing is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. You can object to the processing of your PII by contacting us at email@example.com.
Cross-Border Transfers of PII
PII that you provide while in the EU, an EAA member state, or Switzerland will be transferred to the United States. The GDPR permits such transfer when necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Minnesota Rubber and Plastics, if we obtain your explicit consent to such transfer, or if it is in our legitimate interest to transfer the PII. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. If we transfer PII from the EU, we will provide an appropriate safeguard such as binding corporate rules, standard contractual clauses, Privacy Shield, or your consent.
Retention of Your PII
We will retain your PII until the PII is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We may retain your PII for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent that we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, to protect you, other people, and us from fraud, abuse, an unauthorized access, as necessary to protect our legal rights, or for certain business requirements.