Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
EPDM elastomers provide excellent resistance to heat, water, steam, ozone and UV light (color stability) while providing very good low temperature flexibility properties. These compounds also withstand the affects of brake fluids, alkali, mild acidic and oxygenated solvent environments. EPDM compounds are not recommended for gasoline, petroleum oil and greases, and hydrocarbon solvent environments.
EPDM’s are very effective for outdoor functions requiring long term weathering properties. EPDM elastomers are also suitable for use in hot water and steam environments. EPDM’s are especially suited to high temperature brake fluid applications.
- Specially formulated for steam and hot water applications
- Extremely low volume swell in water
- Good tensile strength and compression set properties
- A good general purpose EPDM elastomer
- Excellent tensile strength and flex fatigue resistance
- Temperature operation up to 302°F (150°C)
- Tailored for use in automotive brake applications
- Exceptional resistance to brake fluid
- Outstanding temperature and compression set resistance
- Superior low temperature properties
Compound 559PE, 559GT
- Exceptionally good in chloraminated and chlorinated water. Very low compression set. NSF, KTW, and WRAS certified.
- Certified throughout the world for drinking water contact including: NSF, WRAS, KTW and ACS.
Compound 561NZ, 560CF
- Similar to 559N physical and chemical properties
- Low extractables – minimal taste and odor transfer to food and beverage products
- The most chloramine resistant 70 Shore A EPDM compound available world wide.